Saturday, October 20, 2012

This Is What Boat Projects Look Like...

This is what boat projects look like...UGH! Our beautiful cockpit has turned into a Sanford & Son shrine...
  Okay... I admit it. When I thought of moving back on the boat & all our projects that needed to be done...I didn't think much of it. I mean, after all, I was working full time at the hospital all summer.. what could be harder? Ummm...boat projects...they can be harder.  I really thought my blog entries would be daily, so much free time...SLAP! REALITY!! Scott & I are both working very hard to get Malaika ready for another season in the Bahamas.

Poor Scott...for the final parts of the Autopilot to be complete, he has to drill a hole in the rudder post for the tiller arm to  connect to..He has to get into a very contorted position in a very small space to make this happen. It's a process that has, & will continue to take hours...& precision...good thing he's a surgeon...
                                               
Scott bought me my very own electric buffer....I've been "buffing" the fiberglass parts of the boat since...He said it's an early birthday present....He is obviously making a lame attempt at a joke with that one...

My beautiful salon ....turned into a work bench...
So...we're not the only ones getting ready to take off in a few weeks..Our neighbors, Joe & Adrian, 2 brothers in search of  their own sailing adventures...built their own rope ladder to get up the mast.

There goes Adrian..up the mast...secured by his brother Joe & friend Ethan...



Love & Miss you all!!! XXXOOO
Stay tuned for tomorrow...where we talk about a Thief In The Night.....

1 comment:

Mike M. said...

Gotta love all the projects! At least it's not boring, huh?

That's a very cool mast ladder your friends built. I like!

Mike
www.siochana.us