Wednesday, November 14, 2012

ARRRRGH!!! The Pirates Are In Town!

One of Scott's favorite pirates
   This weekend was St. Augustine's annual Pirate Festival. OF COARSE, Scott & I had to check that out! It reminded me of a Renaissance Fair only with pirates. Great costumes, great vendors with cool stuff to look at..we had a blast!
Some of the crazy characters we encountered
Pirates seem to be really into boobs

I think Scott & I have finally hit the wall with the boat projects. We still have things to do....there are ALWAYS things to do...but we've been working so much on the boat I think we're just a little over it & ready to go have some fun. We took the past few days off. Our plan is to leave St. Augustine on Friday or Saturday to head south to Lake Worth, Florida where we will wait for a weather window to cross to the Bahamas. EXCITING!!! We saw so many boats heading south yesterday while hanging out at the beach....the migration is ON !!
Sunset with Jib & the dolphins

This weekend we also went on a long dinghy ride around the San Sebastian River (our current backyard) We stumbled across a family of dolphins feeding...they traveled a couple of miles from the ocean up the river to have a hearty Sunday dinner.  Jib was most intrigued.

  Yesterday we celebrated my 42nd birthday! I have been sick the past few days but we rallied & had so much fun. Scott made me some seashell hairclips...that I LOVE !!! We hung out at the beach with our friends Dan & Cheri most of the day & then spent the evening walking around Old Town St. Augustine. Good Times. Thank You to everyone for your birthday wishes. I had an awesome birthday.
My new air plant that Scott planted in an old sea urchin shell
My beautiful new hair clip...made by my hubby



Looking forward to the next year...P.S. Christina...I love my new ring. :)
Dan & Cheri made me this beautiful "traveling bean" necklace. A seed they found in the Bahamas...it's called a Hamburger Bean
See the hamburger?
 So...it's time. Time to head south. So excited for this cruising season's adventures. Stay tuned!!
Now that we've completed all these projects we have to go out & test them...always adventure when testing out new boat projects...ya just never know what will happen.
  Meanwhile, here's some more pirate stuff

Scott bought some cool pirate pants (which I will be sure to highlight in another blog) from this guy
I've been saying this about motorcycles for years...Danger!
Love,
Michelle, Scott & Jib

1 comment:

Mike M. said...

Looks like a blast! I used to go to local Renaissance fair years ago...some good times.

Happy birthday!