Wednesday, November 28, 2012

Gypsy Souls



The Gulf Stream...the water is almost purple. ..
  Ahhh!!!! We made it!! Yay!! What a journey. Today was the 1st time that we (including Jib) have stepped off the boat in 8 days.  I think Jib thinks he was "born again".




   Wow. After a week like this past one, I really feel like Scott & I are "travelers". Not just tourists. At some point there is a line you cross that is the difference.  This has been a journey. Our crossing day just kind of snuck up on us. Once we decided to go on Sunday night...there was no turning back. I think we just wanted to get it over with. The crossing is hard. It's stressful because of the unknown. It's tiring because it's just such a long way...It's challenging for us new sailors. This is our 2nd time now, & it was still just such a relief to have it done.

Scott out on deck tucking in the main sail...not enough wind once we hit the banks(the banks of the Bahamas..all of a sudden the water goes from unmeasurable by the depth gauge to 18 feet..)...notice how he's got on his life jacket that is clipped on to the boat. Just in case.....no matter how calm the seas, when we are making a crossing & are off shore...we are always clipped in. Even in the cockpit.
The one fish we caught during a 30 hour crossing. Yum. Fish tacos for lunch.



Our friends Matt & Lindsey from s/v Kindred Spirit crossed with us & caught up with us in Green Turtle Cay today. Matt was in the water for about 20 minutes before he got his 1st lobster of the season. Way to go!
   I've been trying to post this blog for 2 hours. I have so many pictures to share...I just can't down-load them today. We're definetly back in the Islands....Internet is a luxury. It's not that I don't have the patience for the slow internet...I don't have the battery power. My computer is going to die & I can't recharge it until tomorrow when the sun comes out & I have some solar power. i promise to blog whenever possible! Please stay tuned!!!

Love,
Michelle, Scott & Jib
XXXOOO

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Michelle open the pictures with paint and resize them it will make posting them much easier and faster We miss you guys!
Dan and Cheri

Anonymous said...

Dip your toes in the water for me!
Andy