Wednesday, December 11, 2013

Island Time

Scott speared this Nassau Grouper yesterday....he fed 4 people.

Island Time. It's hard to believe we've been in the islands for over a week now. Yesterday I had to look at the calendar to figure out if was Tuesday or Wednesday....losing track of what day it is happens here...that's why I have a calendar. It's been wonderful here in Green Turtle. This really is one of the most charming places on the planet. I've traveled A LOT....& this place is in the top 5 for me.

A place with white picket fences & homes named "Island House". There are cars on the island but mostly the locals (and tourists) get around by golf cart.

This is a pic from last year when our friends rented a golf cart & invited us to tour the island...

One side of Green Turtle faces the Sea of Abaco. The other side faces the Atlantic Ocean & that's where many of the great reefs are. The Atlantic has been too rough to dive in since we got here but yesterday we finally made our way to "Ocean Beach". Scott was on the reef for about an hour & speared a good size lobster. Jib & I walked & played on the beach.

Scott's going out to hunt...

 

 

This was the "stick" (tree branch) Jib dragged down the beach & wanted me to throw

 

Love this sign..."chunk of beach...that a'way! "

 

Bouy Art

 

How random...all of a sudden, 3 chairs on the beach...

 

And just like that.....

Jib & I walked the beach & turned around to see a squall had moved in. Sunny beach time over! That's the way it goes sometimes in the islands. A down pour soon followed. All the while, Scott was diving. He was totally unaware that it had rained.

It's not island bliss all the time. As I said in the last blog, our outboard has been a complete pain in the arse'!! Scott has taken it apart 3 times.

 

Not having a functional outboard SUCKS because then we can't use our dinghy. The dinghy is like our car...it's how we get around to other boats, to town, to reefs....it's a vital piece of cruising life. Thankfully, after the 3rd time...Scott has the motor running great. Sooooo happy! The only other complaint of my island life is it has been a bit "buggy".

Both of my legs are COVERED with bug bites. The "no seeums" (super small mosquito like creatures that I hate!!) are a little out of control. I am in a perpetual state of itching. It never goes away. It wakes me through the night. My legs look ugly.....like I have some terrible skin disease. The picture really doesn't do it justice. Oh well....this too shall pass. It's really a small price to pay to be here.

 

 

Love & miss everybody!!! XXXOOO

Michelle, Scott & Jib

 

1 comment:

The Montoyas said...

Beautiful pictures! Pretty sure I'd be willing to overlook the no see ems to be able to be there!!!